What is the course about?
Much time is wasted by having ineffective meetings. Often this is because the chair does not have the skills to control and drive the meeting. Effective chairing will ensure that a meeting achieves its aims and objectives.
This training course is designed for those who chair face to face meetings and want to maximise participant contributions including conducting telephone or conference meetings.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
By the end of the course, delegates will know how to:
- Acquired a common understanding of the roles and expectations within effective meetings, including the role of the chairperson, facilitator, minute taker and attendees.
- Established the best structure for conducting their meetings and the tools available to achieve the meeting outcomes
- Types of meetings
- Characteristics and structure of effective meetings
- Role of chairperson, minute taker and attendees
- Producing the meeting agenda
- Achieving the desired outcome/s
- Managing different behaviours
- Using questions to manage participation
- What makes a good chair
- Preparing for the meeting
- Skills that are needed during the meeting to ensure success
- Key task of the chair
- Dealing with difficult people
- Closing the meeting
Half a day (3 hours)