What is the course about?
The qualification introduces emergency life support skills in the context of a work setting.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
By the end of this 1 day course, delegates will know:
- Roles and Responsibilities of the first aider
- Minimising risk in an emergency situation
- Accident Procedure and Safe Airway Positions
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and use of AED
- Dealing with Choking
- Treatment for bleeding and Shock
- Appropriate First Aid Kit Use and Completing Accident Forms
Unit 1: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- The training and assessment typically consists of a 1-day (6 hour) course leading to the full Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work qualification.
- This course is assessed continuously by tutor observation of ‘real-life’ skills benchmarked to National Occupational Standards.
1 day session (6 hours)