What is the course about?
This course provides learners with the opportunity to develop their understanding of the principles of safer manual handling. It is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification
The Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling qualification has been specifically designed for all employees to help raise their awareness of the risks associated with unsafe manual handling practices. It is also ideal for those who might have to carry out manual handling as part of their job such as handling deliveries, parcels and boxes.
It is suitable:
- To raise awareness about the importance of safe manual handling
- As an introduction to those starting work which may involve carrying out manual handling activities
- For those returning to work where manual handling activities may be required
- As safety refresher training
There are no prerequisites for this course.
The objective of the qualification is to benefit learners through developing their understanding of the principles of safe manual handling so they can apply what they have learned to their working environment and make their practices safer.
- Develop a greater awareness of manual handling including:
- common manual handling injuries,
- the safe movement principles,
- theory of safe manual handling principles and manual handling equipment.
How you will be assessed
- 1 x Theory assessment (Multiple Choice Question Paper) and continuous formative assessment conducted throughout the course.
Half day session (3 hours)