This 1 day session gives you the essential concepts and skills to use Adobe Photoshop at a basic level. You will practice working with basic techniques to get the most out of of the day. You will use Adobe Photoshop tools for retouching and enhancing images.
Who is this course for?
This session is for individuals wishing to understand the basics of Adobe Photoshop including adjusting colours, cropping, using layers and basic retouching.
If you want to know the very basics and get to grips creating small projects or making edits to existing content.
What you will learn and do:
- Enhance an image by removing colour cast
- Compensate for flash lighting and red eyes
- Increase/decrease the contrast and brightness of your artwork
- Understand how layers work and adjust accordingly
- Working with text
- Use colour corrections in Photoshop effectively
- Examine the difference between RGB and CMYK
- Adjust content for different sizes and resolutions
Who can join the course?
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area.
What equipment is required?
Adobe Photoshop CC (recommended). No books will be required.
Students interested can download the free trial version of Adobe Photoshop CC for this course.
Teaching and learning methods
The class will be taught by a qualified tutor with some independent study and skills practice required.