What is the course about?
Business reports are your company’s main tool to enable and support critical decision making. If you are proposing a course of action – either within your company or to a client – the report you write will be its best advocate.
It takes a lot of skill to communicate technical or commercial information efficiently and accurately. This course has been designed specifically for people who are required to write business reports. It concentrates exclusively on the skills you need to make the writing process easier and the resulting document more effective.
The session is aimed at people who have to produce reports.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
By the end of the course, delegates will know how to:
- Consider your audience and drive the content to their specific needs
- Gather information/data effectively and select the relevant information for your readers
- Use best practice in structuring your document
- Select words that support your writing and don’t divert the reader from your message
- Assess the best places to use images and select the right images to support the message
- Edit your work for maximum readability and impact
- Benefits to you from attending this course
- Resource saving, such as time, effort and money
- Explore techniques for preparing and writing reports
- Review the official guidance notes for the reports
- Specific contents
- The stages of writing reports
- Report rules
- Guidance on your reports
Half day session (3 hours)