How do you ready your attendees or learners for an excellent online/virtual learning experience?
Here’s how we do it at Directive Training
You will shortly be joining your online session. To make sure you really get the most out of your learning, we would like you to consider a few things before we start:
- Bring any pre-work reading, notes or research with you, and be really clear about what you will get from the online learning event.
- Engage with your trainer and the learning material
- Make sure that you are in a place where you are not likely to be distracted and you can interact with the group online
The session will be highly interactive and engaging. To enable you to do this we suggest the following few tips…
- Turn off any emails and pop your phone on silent
- Shut down any browsers unless your trainer has indicated you might need them for the session
- Have a drink and a notepad to hand
- Ensure you have earphones or headset plugged into your laptop or computer as you will get the best audio experience this way
- Sit in a comfortable position and have enough space around you to stretch and move around
- It’s worth joining the session 10 minutes before the start time to make sure you’re all set up and ready to go
- Click on the link which has been provided and when prompted join the session
- If you have the option of joining via your phone, tablet or a laptop or computer, we’d suggest the latter for the full functionality
- You might be using your video camera during the session so make sure you are aware of what people can see
- Double check there is nothing behind you in the room you are in which you wouldn’t want other to have sight of, or which could be distracting
- When your session starts, familiarise yourself with the functionality which the platform offers, which can include a toolbar, giving you access to the chat box, participants box and emoticons, and an annotation bar. Let’s have a quick look at these now…
- Say hello to others in the chat box and get ready for your session to begin. Your trainer may record the session for you and others to benefit from in the future
By following this advice, you are likely to get the most from your session and really enjoy your learning.