Now more than ever, we’re all very busy in different ways – juggling family, work, friends, and whatever else life throws our way. So now using the power of your voice you can save time and energy to create great content using transcription and voice commands in Microsoft Word for the web. And best of all is hands-free creation and its time stamped!
For me, this is an absolute revelation! I support learners working towards Leadership and Management & IT apprenticeships. As part of these programmes, I carry out recorded professional discussions with learners and also obtain supporting witness testimonials from employers. So, being able to use the Microsoft Word transcribe tools has helped me focus on the people I am talking to without the worry of taking notes and having to spend hours transcribing my conversation afterwards.
Whether you are a secretary recording a meeting, a university graduate recording an interview for your dissertation or a mentor recording informal discussions, these tools will save you hours!
Interested? If so, then Transcribe in Word is here to help.
How does Transcribe work?
- Transcribe in Word is available in Word for the web for all Microsoft 365 subscribers. (Transcribe in Office mobile will be released by the end of the year!)
- It is supported in the new Microsoft Edge or Chrome browsers.
- It offers you unlimited recording and transcription within Word for the Web.
- Transcribe currently has a 5 hour limit per month for uploaded recordings.
- Each uploaded recording is limited to 200mb.
- Transcribe enables you to upload audio or videos you recorded outside of Word. Whether you record on your phone or via one of the many calling and video conferencing apps, you can simply select the file to upload and transcribe.
- Transcribe supports .mp3, .wav, .m4a, or .mp4 files.
- Transcribe detects different speakers so after you finish recording, you can easily follow the flow of the transcript.
- After your conversation, you can revisit parts of the recording by playing back the time-stamped audio and you can even edit the transcript if you see something amiss.
Transcribe in Word enables you to stay focused on your conversation in the moment, saves you valuable time and energy by transcribing it for you, and is integrated into Word so you can focus on the message of your document and not fuss around with different windows or applications.
Contact Us for a demo or more information.